Mechwarrior Online News and Events
Asriel Dreemur

Thoughts on the New Faction Play System

by Asriel Dreemur Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Now that Faction Play has 3 specific playstyles (Freelancer, Mercenary and Loyalist), which one will the Comstar Irregulars be taking? Just curious :)
If the leading brand is worse, then why is it the leading brand?
RedAnxiety
High Council

Re: Thoughts on the New Faction Play System

by RedAnxiety Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:55 pm

We're mercs.
Drakhan

by Drakhan Thu May 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Are we?

If the last 3 contracts taken are any indication this unit seems to be leaning rather heavily on being clan loyalists.

And if that isn't enough evidence, the only time I ever see any attempt on organizing any CW groups is when we are flying under a clan banner.
Darkblood
General

by Darkblood Thu May 05, 2016 8:06 pm

One needs to be careful about checking the facts.

We were set to go IS this week, the only reason we didn't is that we started the current challenge as Clan and PGI never made it clear what happens to the top prizes (the mechs) if you change sides midi-challenge, so we decided to stay safe and go Clan another week.

The long term plan is to be mercenary and alternate between Clan and IS, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. The choice of Clan or IS-faction is usually based on pay (the bigger the better) and possibility of getting matches quickly (there is a balance to be found there, no point going for a big bonus if all you get is ghost drops).
Want a sig like this? PM me, it´s free!
TranceAholic

by TranceAholic Mon May 09, 2016 2:24 am

Drakhan wrote:Are we?

If the last 3 contracts taken are any indication this unit seems to be leaning rather heavily on being clan loyalists.

And if that isn't enough evidence, the only time I ever see any attempt on organizing any CW groups is when we are flying under a clan banner.

this unit is hardly clan loyist. There's way more IS lore purists to be so. Darkblood is quite right, be careful with the facts, they can change in an instant, and they have many times in the past. There's been many a time where they vote was certain, and the move was certain, but facts changed and the elders needed to choose something else, for the better of the unit, whether it be gameplay, loyalty points, c-bills, attack lanes, allegiances or what have you that make up the decision factors of the time.

not happy with clan? don't worry, IS will be back then it's your turn to take up the scepter, group us up, and lead us to attacks.
Drakhan

by Drakhan Mon May 09, 2016 3:34 am

While I do accept that the argument can be made that a mere 3 contracts is a poor sample size for my findings, the tendency to only focus on cw while under a clan banner is derived from observations gathered from the entirety of my tenure with this unit.
Narkosin

by Narkosin Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:20 am

Organization may depend on your play time, the availability of others and (of course) personal preferences. I know I prefer clan, don't like to run as the Drop Commander (though I've done it for PUGs or even just unit members doing non-CW at times), and I don't have a large stable of IS 'Mechs. That said, the unit does tend to bounce back and forth. There will come a point where we go IS for an extended period just like we have on the Clan side.

Lore-wise, from everything I've ever read, Comstar (even a unit that calls itself Irregulars) is very much an IS group.

If you feel there's a lack, set it up. We have boards, we have communication options, and I'm sure some of the other IS folks will enjoy it. Hell, I might tag along for the chance to level up some of my IS stable.

Good luck!
Return to News & Events